- Kicking Bear Camp for Kids is open to any youth ages 5 to 15.
- Girls and boys are both welcome and well-represented.
- Our primary target audience is disadvantaged youth.
- There is NO COST to participate.
- All participants, including mentors, will be required to take mandatory safety instruction during the camp.
- We take every precaution to assure the safety of everyone involved.
However, neither Kicking Bear nor Camp Cender nor any of the individuals
involved are liable for the results of any accident that may occur during the camp.
- Camp typically begins at 4:00 pm Friday and ends at 3:00 pm Saturday.
- Participants usually provide their own transporation, but if this is a problem,
please contact us.
How to Register for Kicking Bear Camp for Kids
Camp Cender, Fisher, Illinois
To register, download and complete the form below, and mail it to:
1040 W. Bloomington Rd
Champaign, IL 61821
The Camp will be held on a Farm and Wooded setting.
Plan for clothing and items appropriate for this setting.
Here is a list for starters. If you need something you do not have,
feel free to contact us:
- Tent if you have one
- Sleeping Bag if you have one
- Pajamas (appropriate sleepwear)
- Change of Clothing, shoes (Hiking Boots Preferably)
- Warm/Cool Weather Clothing (Jacket, Sweatshirt)
- Ball Cap or Hat
- Tooth Brush and Tooth Paste, Soap
- Bug Spray
- Sun Screen
- Ivy Block
View/Download Flier & Schedule
You also might find these downloadable files informative:
Questions? Call Mark Thompson at (217) 359-1920 or email us at